As a time poor parent it’s always good to have an emergency tea up your sleeve. Maybe you got home later than expected, or someone uttered that dangerous question – take out?
Whatever your reason this tea can be cooked from scratch in just over 10 minutes, or shorter if you use my breakfast recipe and already have porridge cooked in the fridge.
Lets get cooking!
Easy Savoury Weaning Porridge (Perfect For An Emergency Tea!)
A savoury porridge idea for when you need a quick and easy emergency tea
- Frying pan
- Chopping Board and Knives
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (Any plain porridge oats will do)
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Alpro Growing Up Alternaitve 1-3 Soya Milk (Can use plain unsweetened Soya Milk)
- 1 Spring onion
- 3 Mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp Vitalite Butter (Any spread will do)
- 1/4 Cup Alpro Growing Up Alternative 1-3 Soya Milk for topping
- Pour half a mug of porridge oats into a saucepan.
- Add one and a half mugs of soya milk into the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the porridge has thickened and set. Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- While the porridge is cutting finely chop the spring onion and mushrooms.
- Add the butter to a frying pan and melt on a medium heat.
- Add the spring onion and mushrooms to the pan and gently fry for around 5 minutes until soft.
- Take both the saucepan and frying pan off the heat.
- Add two heaped tablespoons of porridge to your babies bowl and leave to cool for two minutes. The remaining porridge can be stored sealed in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Mix the onions and mushrooms into the bowl and stir well
- Serve to your baby
Tea Time saved!
When will you try this time saver?
Let me know in the comments below if your baby loved this recipe.